“Do you have Whatsapp?” Surely someone has asked you that dozens of times and we bet your answer was yes. And that’s why the popularity of this app has been increasing, since its appearance in 2009. That’s why today we want to talk about an increasingly common practice among businesses: The Whatsapp Marketing.
Read Here: Funny Whatsapp Group Links
In this post, you will find information and statistics that will help you understand the importance of Whatsapp as a means of communication to reach your audience. Along with this, you will find ideas and tips to take advantage of this tool to the maximum and to do Whatsapp Marketing successfully. Let’s begin!
A Look at Statistics on Whatsapp
As we said above, Whatsapp was created in 2009 by Jan Koum and Brian Acton, two former Yahoo employees. Since then the use of this application has continued to spread, especially among the countries of the West, to register in the year 2017 more than 1200 million users.
Now let’s take a look at the numbers, to complete the picture:
- The Whatsapp service is currently used in 109 countries.
- 70% of Whatsapp users use the app on a daily basis.
- Each day 100 million voice calls and 55 million video calls are made.
- 175 million people actively use the Whatsapp Status function.
- The application is available in 53 languages.
Read Here: Cricket Whatsapp Group Links
Why Get Started With WhatsApp Marketing
One of the key benefits of WhatsApp is that there’s almost no barrier to entry — all you need is a smartphone. With WhatsApp marketers can:
- Send images and video content
- Leverage it as a survey tool to get feedback and customer data
- Use it as a messaging app to send alerts about new events and sales
- Back up messages to Google Drive for training purposes and record keeping
One of the first things marketers should do when getting started with WhatsApp is to stop thinking of it merely as a messaging app. With WhatsApp marketers can bring messaging to an art form:
- Broadcast Messages: With a broadcast message, you can send a single message to multiple contacts. This feature could be used to carry out a campaign similar to an SMS marketing campaign, although WhatsApp currently sets a limit of 256 contacts per message.
- WhatsApp Status: If you’re familiar with Instagram and Snapchat stories, you’ll know the drill here: You can publish videos and images to keep your audience engaged with your brand throughout the day. After 24-hours, your story will delete itself.
- WhatsApp Text Status: Temporarily removed from the app when the WhatsApp Status feature went live, you can throw up a text-based status to spread a discount code, invite your audience to chat with you or for any other call to action.
Read more: Best Whatsapp Group Names List
WhatsApp Business – Why Should You Turn To Whatsapp Marketing?
There are numerous reasons why we recommend implementing WhatsApp as part of your marketing tools. For starters, this is a free application, whose use is so widespread that probably contains among its users your target audience.
But there is more: Because of its features, Whatsapp gives you the possibilities to communicate with your customers directly and in real time. This is a huge advantage when it comes to getting to know your audience’s opinions (e.g. through surveys) and providing personalized attention.
Along with this, it is a powerful tool to spread your proposals, promotions, and news. Its wide support for multimedia content allows you to send catalogs, brochures, videos, audios, links and all kinds of information related to your business, which comes directly into the hands of your client.
Click Here to Download 100+ Best Whatsapp DP For Girls
WhatsApp enables you to create groups of up to 256 members, which is an ideal opportunity to carry out direct consultations and focus group studies. They are also a perfect tool for organizing events with your customers and with your company employees (internal marketing).
Finally, qualities such as immediacy and precision in terms of reach make this app the perfect way to send reminders and promote your special offers.
However, it is important to note that a fundamental requirement to take advantage of Whatsapp Marketing is to have the telephone numbers of the people who constitute your target audience.
WhatsApp Marketing Strategy 101
I could tell you about the growth statistics, with WhatsApp recently joining the one billion active users club, about the exceptionally high opening rates within minutes of messages being sent and other such facts.
If not, install it now, as you shouldn’t try to market on a social channel you don’t personally use. If so, read on to learn more about the power of B2C WhatsApp marketing.
WhatsApp Chat Basics before Starting Whatsapp Marketing
You have three options with WhatsApp how to send an image, short video, audio or text messages:
- Personal 1-1: Highly time-consuming for brands and thus not overly scalable. However, if you have the resources, it can be effective for personal selling or customer service.
- Group Chat: All messages are shared among all group members including the full list of participants. As each can see the other’s replies, it is not highly used for marketing purposes, although some companies have had success as a digital focus group tool.
- Broadcast Lists: You send the same message to everyone, but each list member does not see if someone else got the same message or any replies. This is the most common scalable marketing use case.
As with many marketing channels, there are black hats who will, for a fee, send bulk messages on your behalf to their database. Be warned. This is the instant messenger app equivalent of bought email lists. Expect similarly poor performance. Especially as WhatsApp has a report spam button.
Top 5 Pros of Using WhatsApp Marketing
WhatsApp marketing has many benefits for both email and other social media channels.
- Cost-free and algorithm free: Send messages to your whole supporter base without any expenses. With Facebook, Twitter and Instagram all actualizing calculations which extremely constrain your natural achieve, full access without having to ‘pay to play’ is invigorating.
- Message alerts for high engagement: WhatsApp tells your clients when you have sent them a message by means of the pop-up message. The most recent research found that your message has by and large a 70% opportunity to be opened, frequently inside minutes, far overwhelming email advertising execution.
- Scalable yet private conversations: You can have coordinate contact with your client protected from general visibility. Maintaining a strategic distance from that ungainly online life spats and comes up short.
- Uncluttered environment: Right now, WhatsApp offers a calmer option in contrast with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Enabling you to get visibility where there isn’t so much rivalry.
- Extremely loyal subscribers: Opt-outs are low, and numerous brands report activity and change measurements from WhatsApp are among the best you will see from any social channel with a top-notch technique.
Top Proven WhatsApp Marketing Strategies to Grow Sales
With 70% engagement daily, every marketer needs to learn the 5 proven WhatsApp marketing strategies that can help you grow your user base and sales.
Strategy 1: Create an Engaging Brand Persona for Whatsapp
Whatsapp is an individual and personal informing stage where individuals converse with relatives, associate with companions and here and there be a tease also. Any brand that looks to get welcomed into my Whatsapp telephone list needs to feel like a companion. So the initial step is to make a drawing in mark persona or character that speaks to your image with its WhatsApp number. Individuals don’t care to visit with generic organization names.
Strategy 2: Offer Great Value To Build A Phone Database
Whatsapp will remain promotion free and henceforth with a specific end goal to manufacture a base of clients, you have to offer them something of significant worth in return for their telephone number. This can be an advancement, a complimentary gift, a free administration or significant data.
Strategy 3: Offer Always On Relevant Content for Free
What do you do once you have begun building a telephone list? Whatsapp has a 70% commitment rate, higher than facebook. That implies you have to offer clients, extraordinary substance on important subjects to guarantee that they are locked in with you.
Strategy 4: Deliver Speedy Customer Service
Whatsapp has a 70% opening rate, which means you are almost guaranteed exposure of your message if your customer is on WhatsApp with you.
Strategy 5: Consumer Research
Whatsapp has so far not been utilized widely to inquire about but rather offers a simple to utilize, cheap and fast stage to run some speedy research. You can get some information about the flavors they like, request that they pick between choices the brand is proposing to dispatch in addition to other things. Likewise, WhatsApp is exceedingly important for leading some speedy talk inside your organization.
Strategy 6: Develop a Supportive And Interactive Community Of Individuals
Without a doubt, a rousing, intuitive and steady network of people can enable a business to develop and make a feeling of agreeability in the general public. There are a huge number of dynamic WhatsApp bunches utilitarian today. A considerable measure numerous gatherings have come up today culminating communists, preservationists, teachers, understudies, housewives, corporate gatherings, and so forth. WhatsApp gives them a simple access to share pictures, recordings, documents, tunes and even contacts on a solitary stage.
Strategy 7: Establishing Or Positioning The Brand
A customized help is more favoured by a client than the expert or formal one. You will probably get client inclusion if the help you give to clients is moment and agreeable. They will be happy if their inquiries are replied on a need premise which in a way is your progression towards increasing more scores on consumer loyalty.
Strategy 8: Creatively Using WhatsApp For Creating Benchmark Business
A lot of novice businessmen have entered into the league of sales and marketing through WhatsApp as a platform. This platform has been extensively used for establishing small-scale businesses like:
This instant messenger has been fervently used by various emerging and established mainstays as the easiest tool to facilitate consumers..
Receiving Order On WhatsApp
A lot of restaurants and food outlets have begun offering their services via WhatsApp. They not only provide the menu but also let you place an order on a single text.
No wonder, the next time you suffer from the cold flue and your family doctor instead of visiting your place. Just texts on WhatsApp giving all the consultation and prescription. This will not be the same as visiting the doctor personally but would definitely save time.
A large section of people is getting into the use of smartphones these days. Using an app like WhatsApp to cover a large number of users in order to spread awareness among people.
Strategy 9: Utilizing WhatsApp For An Uninterrupted Communication & Customer Support
As far as communication is concerned, customers prefer follow-ups done through messages instead of direct calls. It’s not feasible for customers to pick up calls often but a message won’t bother that much. Start engaging your potential and existing clients through WhatsApp. Sending a short message on WhatsApp may give you a quick response as compared to the promotional emails.
Just keep in mind, that spamming unknown people on Whatsapp is unacceptable, unethical and not effective. Instead use the framework of a persona, content and customer service to generate leads and sales using Whatsapp.