Belly fat is a concern for the majority of people. Due to the lifestyle, we are living, the ratio between the body fat and the bodyweight is disturbed. This ratio can be seen on the Belly. Extra fat in the body mostly gets accumulated on the midsection of the body which is the belly. Looking at our present situation it is high time that everyone must take their health seriously especially on belly fat reduction.
Belly fat reduction is a little complicated as a comparison to reducing the fat from the other parts of the body. It is the source of many health problems.
WHAT IS BELLY FAT?
The excess fat in the abdomen which surrounds the different organs in the stomach is belly fat.
There are basically three kinds of fat:-
- Triglycerides- This fat keep circulating in our blood
- Subcutaneous fat- This fat layer is present exactly below the surface of the skin
- Visceral fat- This is the fat accumulated in the belly. In other words a belly fat. This s located underneath the muscles of the stomach.
CAUSES OF BELLY FAT
It is important to look at the source behind every problem. Therefore, Before focussing at “ how to reduce belly fat ?” let’s put some light on what are the causes of “ Belly fat”.
Diet plays an important role when it comes to weight gain. The foods containing a high amount of sugar like cake, candies, drinks like soda and fruit juices. Having a hight amount of sugar reduces our metabolism rate. As a result, the belly fat burning process slows down leading to belly fat.
Another reason is having high-carb diets and fewer protein diets. Moreover, having trans-fats food also lead to obesity.
Another reason for having belly fat is the lack of exercise. A number of calories taken must be less than the number of calories burnt. But when this ratio is disturbed it leads to the accumulation of fat around the abdomen.
- Poor Sleep:-
Poor Sleep is directly connected to weight gain. Lack of sleep can result in emotional eating. Due to which we end up eating more.
When we are in stress our body releases a hormone known as cortisol. This hormone reduces the metabolism rate of our body resulting in an increase in body fat and weight.
Besides the above mentioned reasons there are other factors also like smoking, alcohol, Ageing, Genetics, etc.
RISK INVOLVED IN HAVING A BELLY FAT
Some of the risks involved in having belly fat are:-
- High Blood Sugar
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol Level
- Large waistline
- High Triglyceride Level
Now after looking at above-mentioned details now you must be clear about the causes of belly fat. Above all, what are the risk involved?
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHETHER YOU HAVE TOO MUCH FAT ON YOUR BELLY OR NOT?
You can actually check whether you have too much belly fat or not at your home only. Follow the following steps.
Step 1:- Take a measuring tape and wrap the measuring tape around your stomach. Make sure it has to be exactly above your hip bone.
Step 2:- Do not wrap the tape too tight or too reduce
You have a belly fat if you have the following measurement:-
WOMEN:- The measure is above 35 inches
MEN:-The measure is above 40 inches
BENEFITS OF REDUCING BELLY FAT
After reading the above-mentioned points you definitely want to reduce belly fat. Here are some of the benefits of reducing belly fat:-
- Low risk of Diabetes
- Low risk of Heart disease and high blood pressure
- Better sleep
- Low risk of having a Cancer
- Fewer chances of having arthritis
- Healthy old age
Now let’s look at what diet you need to reduce belly fat. Also, what exercises you need to reduce belly fat. Diet and exercise walk hand in hand. Both have to be taken care of to reduce the rigid belly fat. Too much diet and less workout or less diet and too much work will be of no use rather it will drain you and you can become ill or due to too much dieting can make your muscles weak and can cause injury while working out
If you really want to have a good looking and healthy body then you must ask yourself the following questions:-
- Are you aware of how many calories you are consuming each day?
- Are you doing enough exercise to burn the calories you are consuming?
- Are you regularly checking your weight?
- Are you doing regular health check-ups to know why you are gaining weight?
- Are you having the right weight with respect to your age and height?
10 SIMPLE WAYS TO REDUCE BELLY FAT
Let us give you the answer to a question you have in your mind since you have started reading this article. Here we are going to share with you the 10 simple way through which you can reduce your belly fat.
- A Balanced Diet:- A balanced diet will not only reduce your belly fat but it will also impact your overall health in a positive way. It fulfils the nutritional needs of your body. As a result, you are getting the exact amount of calories your body needs.
- Alcohol:- Consumption of a high amount of alcohol also leads to the belly fat. When you consume alcohol it increases your appetite and you end up eating more. Moreover, alcohol also impacts the working of the liver. Liver burns alcohol instead of fat. Alcohol also lowers down the metabolism rate.
- Quality Sleep:- It is recommended to sleep somewhere between 7-9 hours to have your body function properly. Have a healthy sleep so that you are active the entire day. One tip is to keep your mobile phone away from the room you are sleeping. Secondly, use an alarm clock rather than a phone alarm to get up in the morning.
- Exercise:- If you are serious about reducing your belly fat then start doing the exercise. Do those exercises which help you to reduce belly fat. In your busy life schedule the 45 minutes of your time for doing the exercise.
- Lifestyle:- In this digital world, we have a monotonous lifestyle. Change your lifestyle. Include trekking, walking, camping instead of going to a movie, playing indoor games at the weekend. Secondly, include salads, fruits, oats, quinoa, fish, chicken instead of a burger, pizza, fried items. Change in the lifestyle is the key to your healthy and fit body
- Tracking:- It is important to track the following
- Are you eating a meal at the same time daily?
- Are you having a sleep of minimum 8 hours?
- Are you eating a balanced diet?
- Are you doing exercise daily?
You can make more set of questions as per your requirement and track them. This will definitely help you in losing your weight and belly fat in a less amount of time
- Water intake:- It is proven that drinking at least 2-3 litres of water a day can result in an increase in your metabolism rate. Moreover, drinking plenty of water flush out the toxins from the body which overall improves your health. A hydrated body means a healthy body.
- 2 Minutes Exercise:- It is great if you can do a small 2 minutes exercise daily before you go to sleep. The exercise is:- Inhale for 4-5 seconds, hold your breath for 4-5 seconds so that you feel pressure in your tummy and then slowly exhale from your nose in 4-5 seconds. Repeat this process 5 times daily.
- Low-Stress Level:- Stress has become a common thing in our life nowadays. High stress is a direct connection with your weight gain and belly fat. Do some activities daily which can reduce stress like listening to songs, doing yoga, dance and medication etc.
- Smoking:- Smoking is another big reason for having belly fat. Have you ever seen a message behind every packet of cigarettes?? The message is “ Smoking is injurious to health”. Take the help of a doctor to quit smoking.
A HEALTHY DIET FOR REDUCING BELLY FAT
Here we are going to share with you some superfoods which you can start eating to reduce belly fat. As I mentioned before a balanced diet is very important for reducing belly fat.
- 5 Super Foods
Get in a habit of eating superfoods.
The five foods which you can include in your balanced diet are:-
Protein is the must-have nutrient in your diet. Protein develops our muscles and brain.
Source of Protein
Dairy products are a rich source of calcium and vitamin D to the body.
Plant-based milk ( Rich source of Calcium)
- Soya milk
- Flaxseed milk
- Almond milk
Other sources of Calcium
- Low-fat milk
Grains are of two types:-
- Whole Grains
- Refined Grains
Include whole grains in your diet. The breaking down process of the whole grain is slower, therefore, they impact very less on the blood sugar. Moreover, whole grains have more fibre as well as protein as compared to refined grains. Refined grains are the completely processed grain. The outer part of the grain is removed which results in a reduction of the finer and protein content.
- Brown Rice
Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetable are the must have foods in a balanced diet. It is recommended that one must eat whole fruit instead of making a juice out of them. All the fruits are good for your health.
There are a variety of vegetables available which we can include in our diet. Some of them are:-
- Leafy green vegetables like spinach
- Red veggies like Tomato
- Orange Veggies like carrot
- Bell Pepper and many more
It is recommended to eat raw veggies as much as you can or blanched/ stir fry rather than boiling it or completely cooking it. As this can lead to loss of nutrients.
- Avoid eating sugary foods. Too much-processed sugar intake can lead to chronic diseases like obesity, fatty liver etc.
- Try to eat fewer carbs like potato, white rice etc. Try to have just 50 grams of carbs each day.
- Use cold-pressed cooking oils extracted from seed like olive oil, groundnut oil.
EXERCISES TO REDUCE BELLY FAT
Is just doing daily exercise will help you reduce belly fat?
No, doing various different exercises will not help you to reduce your belly fat. The right exercise is important to reduce belly fat and come back into the shape.
We will share with which exercises are needed to reduce belly fat. Core exercises are essential to reduce belly fat. Some of them are as follows:-
- Crunches:- Crunches is the best exercise for losing weight. It is considered as one of the top exercises to burn fat. Lay down straight on the floor and then bent your knees. Place your hands behind your head. Inhale and lift up your upper part of your body. Similarly, exhale and go down. You must feel little pressure on your tummy when you are coming up.
- Jumping Jacks:- Another fat-burning exercise is jumping jacks. This exercise also helps in losing belly fat at a faster rate. Stand straight first and then jump and spread your legs wide and at the same time touch your arms to your head and then again come back to the previous positions. Repeat this at a faster rate. You can start with 20 reps.
- Walking:- While having your healthy diet if you are walking 40-45 minutes daily very soon you will see the change in your weight.
- Running/jogging:- When you are bored with crunches and jumping jacks choose running or jogging. These are an anaerobic exercise to reduce belly fat.
After going through this article you must be clear now that it is very critical to take care of our health. We have to take out at least 45 minutes of our time for exercise. Follow the above diet and exercise and you will definitely see the difference. Also, share this information to your family and friends so that they can also start taking care of their health.