At some point in our lives, almost we all looked for the ways to block a number from WhatsApp. Whether you’re tired of receiving spam messages or receiving awkward messages from unknown numbers, now there is no more need to worry! You can easily block them from WhatsApp. Most people know how to block a contact from WhatsApp; however, I will quickly show you how you could easily block WhatsApp contact without stress.
Read More: WhatsApp Marketing
WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging platform with the wide customer base of 900 million users. Despite its instant communication advantages, this has been widely used by many spammers and harassers. If you’re receiving too much of spam messages from unknown numbers, then you’d have to do to end the spam madness is to block WhatsApp contacts.
Read More: Send a WhatsApp Message Online!
What Happens When You Block a Number on WhatsApp?
- Blocking someone will stop the person from sending you messages
- They can’t see your status updates3. They also can’t see your profile photo updates.
- And they also can’t see your profile photo updates.
- They can’t call you on via WhatsApp.
How to Block a Number from WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Tap on the button at the topmost right of your screen and tap on settings. And enter into the Account section and tap on privacy, scroll down and tap on blocked contacts
- Tap the add contact button on the top right corner of the screen, (this will enable you to select a contact to block)
- Scroll down your list of contacts and select the person you want to block, and that’s all.
How to Unblock Someone on WhatsApp
Blocked someone from WhatsApp and now wish to unblock them? Just follow the below steps:-
- Tap the button at the topmost right of your screen.
- Tap on Settings à account à Privacy
- Scroll down and tap blocked contacts to view your blocked contacts list
- Tap on the contact you want to unblock and select unblock
How to Know If you’re blocked
- You won’t see their last seen status, profile picture and the about section
- Your messages won’t deliver
- Your video calls or normal calls will ring but the person won’t see the call.
- Just like you, they too won’t see their last seen, status, profile picture and all other information
Read Also: Whatsapp Dare Games
How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp
Now the trick begins to find how you can unblock yourself from someone on WhatsApp. There are various methods to unblock on WhatsApp. Choose the method which works for you.
The very simple way to get unblock yourself on WhatsApp is simply contact the person who blocked you via calling or texting normal SMS. And try to convince him/her to unblock you. If you are still not able to convince the person or send a message on other platforms then follow the next methods.
If the first method, then you can try out this! I assure that this definitely works for you! Just delete your account and reinstall it! But you should proceed only if you have back up of your chats. You can restore your chats after installing the app again. Note that once you delete your account, you will be removed from any groups that you were added to. WhatsApp regularly updates its app for more security and other features, so I am not sure till which version this trick will work. You can delete your WhatsApp account by going to WhatsApp Settings -> Account -> Delete Account. Enter phone number and country to delete your account. Uninstall WhatsApp and install again from Google Play Store. Now send a message to the person who has blocked you.
To make use of this method, you need a help of one friend who is a mutual contact between you and the person who blocked you! Now ask your mutual friend to create a WhatsApp group and add you and the person who blocked you. Now you can send any message to the group and the person who blocked you will be able to read your message. If your messages are private, then you can ask your mutual friend to leave/exit the group after creating the group.
Even if you follow the above methods to unblock yourself, there are chances again that the person might again block you. So respect their privacy and stop them annoying again and again. But the above methods will provide you at least a single chance to convince the person to not block you again.
Reasons Your WhatsApp Account Could Get Banned
WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging application which helps with friends, family, and colleagues is one of the most important ways to communicate today. However, you could end up with your WhatsApp account being banned in case you don’t take care on what you are sending out to others. From constantly spamming to being blocked by others, WhatsApp servers are monitoring you and you could see your account being suspended either temporarily, or permanently. Here are the topmost reasons why your WhatsApp account could get banned.
Sending Too Many Messages to Unknown Users
Whether it’s a personal message or promotional message, make sure to send messages to the recipients who have saved your number on their contact book. Spamming, which is mostly encountered by many users today, is usually done by marketing teams. With numerous messages being sent out to unknown people by spammers, they are destined to be on the radar. If you are one of those who keeps sending messages that are not related or important enough to an unknown recipient, you could enter the list for being banned.
Sending irrelevant messages could get you blocked and if you are blocked by too many people over a short period of time could put your record on the ban list.
Creating Too Many Groups
Creating as many groups you can is not an issue! But make sure you add people into the group who have you in their address book. Don’t create a group with unknown people, or people who don’t have your number on their list. Don’t create a group with unknown people, or people who don’t have your number on their list. If you are sending out the single message to a number of people, a better way to do this is to send a broadcast message.
Read More: 100+ Funny WhatsApp Group Links
Sending hoaxes, spam messages, submitting links with malware, posting porn, unlawful, and obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive material could also land you into trouble of the law, including being banned from WhatsApp.
Your Message Shouldn’t Violate the Terms and Conditions of WhatsApp
While installing the WhatsApp application itself make sure to read the terms and conditions before clicking “I Agree”; and make sure you go through each of them and understand each point carefully. Few of the important rules are:-
- No using an automated system such as robots or spider apps.
- Do not reverse engineer or modify their apps.
- Use of a third-party modified WhatsApp app is prohibited too.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Status Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them.
- You cannot submit copyrighted or protected material on WhatsApp.
- Unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
What Got You Banned from WhatsApp?
- You shouldn’t violate rights of WhatsApp, WhatsApp users and any other individuals and companies.
- Sharing illegal content.
- Sending viruses to people or attacking to WhatsApp in various ways.
- Selling services of WhatsApp.
- Sharing copyrighted content.
- Promoting violence through the application.
- Sharing obscene content.
- Trying to hack to WhatsApp.
- Sharing information or any kind of file which is including defamatory about a person.
- Threatening people with the application.
- Sharing copyrighted movies and videos.
- Intimidating and harassing people.
- Using inappropriate language against people.
- Racist behaviors and speeches.
- Promoting crimes and terrorism with the application.
- Publishing misleading information/falsehoods.
- Impersonating individuals and acting like them.
- Collecting data or information from people through the application.
- Spamming with bulk messages, auto dialing’s to people.
How to Recover Your Blocked or Suspended WhatsApp Account
Did WhatsApp recently ban, blocked or suspended your WhatsApp Account? No more need to worry now, just follow the below steps to get your account unbanned.
To reactivate your suspended WhatsApp account, you need to understand the “rules” that have been violated and act accordingly. Remove all third-party applications that interact with WhatsApp and delete groups and chats with users that haven’t saved your number (or ask them to put your number in their phone books).
With that done, wait for WhatsApp to enable the service on your phone again. If it does not, the only alternative is to send an email to email@example.com and politely ask to be reactivated.
How Long Will The Reactivation Process Take?
The time required to remove the ban varies from the minimum of 48 hours. Usually, if the reason for violating your WhatsApp account is not so serious, then your WhatsApp account will get unbanned within 48-72 hours from the time of submitting the reactivation application. And in case if the violation is considered overly serious, then the only available option is to create a new WhatsApp account with a new phone number. And then start using without violating the terms and conditions.
Safety Tips to Follow While Using WhatsApp
- Don’t send any private and confidential information like bank account details, PINs or passwords through WhatsApp.
- Never receive or accept files or begin downloads from messages sent to you by strangers or unknown numbers.
- Never sent a reply to suspicious messages that come through from unknown numbers.
- WhatsApp as a service will never contact you through a WhatsApp message. Never trust any message that claims to come from WhatsApp and demands some payment for the service.
- Some scams say they can connect your PC with WhatsApp and send messages from a desktop. Do not believe these as this is not possible.
- Make sure to keep automatic downloads disabled, and check the contents before downloading. If you receive the files from the contacts from your address book, then you can download it. It will save your data usage, storage and also keep you stay away from the hunting grounds for malware authors and data sniffers.
- Keep an updated antivirus security solution installed and updated on your mobile device.
Now you get an idea on how to block a number from WhatsApp, how to unblock yourself from WhatsApp and the ways to recover your WhatsApp Account from the ban. Even though, WhatsApp is considered as the ideal platform for promoting business/services/products, using unwisely can lead to suspension or ban. Here comes the importance of choosing WhatsApp for Business. WhatsApp for Business is solely dedicated to promoting your business online without any restrictions. However, you need to make sure that you’re sending messages to the ones who have saved your numbers on their address book.
Read More : WhatsApp Business Account