Some people are blessed with thick and healthy hair, while others desire the same. But the good news for people who are desperate to do anything to get fit and have thick hair is that anyone can get thick hair without expensive treatments. Yes, you read that right. Many people could get the hair of their dreams just by trying simple home remedies.
Though it is difficult to change the texture of the hair follicles, making the hair appear thicker and reducing breakage and hair loss is not that difficult. And if you for quite some time looking for the best remedies for making your hair thick, this article is for you.
This article will discuss making your hair healthy using natural ingredients and following a substantial hair care routine.
Home Remedies For Making Hair Thick
Various factors make our hair dull and thin. An unhealthy diet, a sedentary lifestyle, excessive hair styling, lack of nourishment, minimum hair care, pollution, and even genetics can cause hair to fall. However, some home remedies can naturally make your hair thicker.
Read more about What Is Scalp Folliculitis- Symptoms, Treatments, Prevention and More to Know.
Onion juice consists of all the healthy compounds that can fight against the fungus and bacteria that stop your hair from looking healthy and shiny. Here are some reasons why onion juice is a healthy potion for your hair.
- Onion is rich in sulfur that can prevent breakage and thin of hair. Sulfur is an essential element for her regrowth.
- Many antioxidants in onion juice may help prevent the premature graying of hair.
- Onion is known for nourishing hair and preventing hair fall.
- Onion’s antifungal and antibacterial properties can help prevent dandruff and scalp infections.
- Massaging onion juice frequently can improve blood circulation in your scalp, which leads to healthy hair growth.
How To Extract Onion Juice?
Extracting onion juice is easy and takes just a few minutes. You must take one onion and chop it into small pieces. Blend the chopped onions and make a smooth paste of them. Now extract the juice by filtering the paste, and that onion juice is ready to apply on your head using a soft cotton cloth.
The Most Lucrative Benefits Of Onion Juice
- Preventing Hair Fall: Onion juice can prevent hair fall due to the presence of sulfur in it. Sulfur is the main component that makes our hair strong, and it also promotes collagen production, which is behind the production of more hair follicles and the cleaning of the scalp. It is also believed that massaging onion juice on your scalp can increase blood circulation and improves hair growth.
- Nourishing And Moisturizing Hair: Multiple micronutrients are available in onion juice that nourishes dry and brittle hair. The micronutrients contain antioxidants, flavonoids, and anti-inflammatory properties that increase blood supply to the hair roots.
- Getting Rid Of Dandruff: Dandruff is an annoying and common problem that causes hair fall. Dandruff can occur for many reasons, including fungal infection and sometimes bacterial infection. Dandruff leads to a dry and itchy scalp, and onion juice possessing antifungal and antimicrobial properties, can help you eliminate dandruff.
- Curing Dry And Itchy Scalp: Onion juice has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe a dry and itchy scalp. It also promotes blood circulation to the scalp that helps moisturize the hair too.
- Preventing Premature Graying: The antioxidant compounds available in onion juice, commonly known as catalase, are known to reduce hydrogen peroxide at the root of the hair. Hydrogen peroxide is the element responsible for graying hair, and by lowering its level, the prevention of graying of hair is possible.
Read more about Why do I have a receding hairline?
Castor oil is an ancient medicine used on the scalp to moisturize the skin, improve hair’s smoothness, strength, and shine, and reduce dandruff. Some people apply castor oil on their eyebrows and eyelashes to help them grow better. Castor oil is extracted from Castor beans rich in ricinoleic acid, a specific type of fatty acid with the potential to fight inflammation.
How To Use Castor Oil On Hair?
To use Castor oil, you don’t need to extract the oil from the beans. Many Castor oils are available in any drugstore; you need to buy one to start using them. Try rubbing just a few drops of Castor oil into your scalp, and the benefit you will get is protecting your hair against breakage and improved hair texture.
But remember that Castor oil is hefty and sticky in texture, so it might be hard for you to remove the oil even after shampooing. Therefore, diluting the Castor oil with other carrier oils, such as coconut or jojoba, is better.
Diluting the Castor oil has another benefit too. Castor oil has a powerful smell; diluting it can tone down the scent. To make a good mixture of Castor oil and other carrier oil, take one part of Castor oil and two parts of carrier oil to dilute it.
You don’t need to follow strict guidelines about how long you must leave the oil on your hair, but remember that leaving the oil for too long will dry out your scalp. It is better to wash the Castor oil after two hours of applying it.
The Benefits Of Castor Oil For Hair
- Increased Blood Flow: When massaged on your scalp Castor oil can increase blood flow and promote healthier hair. Many people who apply Castor oil frequently notice that even using Castor oil just once a month can boost hair growth up to five times the usual rate.
- Moisturized Hair: Castor oil is very moisturizing for being very thick in texture. Therefore, it helps deal with frizzy and dry hair and irritated scalp.
- Reduced Dandruff: The antibacterial and antifungal properties of Castor oil help reduce dandruff. Therefore, Castor oil can be the best solution if you face hair thinning caused by dandruff or other fungal infection.
Read more about 10 Ways to Stop Hair Loss in Men
Aloe Vera comprises more than 75 nutrients, 18 amino acids, 20 minerals, and 12 vitamins. Therefore it is pretty evident how beneficial it can be when applied to hair. The gel extracted from the Aloe Vera plant is rich in antioxidants and offers anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and soothing benefits for hair and skin.
The magical benefits of Aloe Vera are the reasons why it is found in several pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. You can also use harvested Aloe Vera gel as a natural ingredient for your hair.
How To Use Aloe Vera Gel?
- You can use Aloe Vera gel in many ways. The natural gel extracted from the plant can be applied directly on the scalp and massaged. The freshly harvested gel can also be mixed with hair masks and shampoo. You can save the gel for future use by cutting up the gel into cubes, lining them on parchment paper, and freezing them. The frozen Aloe Vera gel cubes can be stored in the freezer or airtight container for up to a week or a month.
- You can use aloe Vera gel with honey or yogurt to make a hair mask and apply it directly on your hair from roots to tips and massage gently for up to 10 to 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, rinse off with water or shampoo to get soft and shiny hair.
- People suffering from dandruff can mix Aloe Vera gel with apple cider vinegar and use the mixture at least twice a month for the best results. Two cups of Aloe Vera gel and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar are necessary to make the mixture. You need to whisk both the ingredients and apply them onto the scalp, let it sit for 30 minutes, and rinse it with water and shampoo.
- Aloe Vera gel can also be used with onion juice since both potent ingredients, when applied in combination, can promote hair growth and clear out clogged hair follicles. The high sulfur concentration of onion juice boosts collagen production and controls hair loss. Take equal parts of both ingredients and mix well before applying the mixture evenly on your scalp. After 30 to 40 minutes, rinse your scalp using mild shampoo.
The Benefits Of Aloe Vera Gel For Hair
- Balanced pH Level On The Scalp: A pH level balance is necessary for your scalp and hair. And aloe Vera gel makes it possible. Therefore, it is always safe to use Aloe Vera gel instead of other commercially available hair care products.
- Healthy Hair Growth: Aloe Vera gel is packed with many essential amino acids, minerals, and active ingredients clinically proven to help hair growth.
- Soothed Scalp: The anti-inflammatory properties of Aloe Vera gel soothe the scalp and prevent irritation and other skin conditions.
- Conditioned Hair: The high-water content of Aloe Vera gel conditions hair. The gel can lock the hydration and nutrients and treat conditions like dandruff, fungal infection, etc.
- Repaired Cells In The Scalp: Aloe Vera gel has proteolytic enzymes that can improve hair follicles’ health and boost growth. The enzyme stimulates dormant hair follicles, promoting hair regrowth
Coconut oil supports hair growth and grows your hair healthier, longer, and thicker. Many fatty acids and vitamins in coconut oil help nourish the scalp and penetrate the hair’s cuticle. Coconut oil also works wonders for heat-treated and chemically damaged hair. People who use coconut oil regularly experience that the oil protects the scalp and hair from irritants and bacteria that cause damage
How To Use Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is an excellent pre-shampoo treatment if you face excessive hair fall due to dry and damaged hair. You need to take a few drops of coconut oil, rub it in your palm and apply it onto your scalp alongside the hair strands. Also, if you love spending time in the sun, using coconut oil before that can protect your hair from harmful UV rays being natural SPF. Coconut oil is also beneficial for daily hair maintenance and optimum scalp health.
The Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- Reduced Fungal Infections: In many cases, hair thinning and hair fall are caused by fungal infections. Applying coconut oil to the hair roots keeps the scalp healthy and helps your hair grow better. Many lab studies found that coconut oil helped eliminate fungal infections and prevent dandruff and other fungi on the scalp.
- It Calms Irritation: If you are suffering from an irritated scalp, coconut oil is the best possible solution. Natural saturated fats are present in coconut oil, and the high-fat content calms scalp irritation, itching, and flaking.
- Zero Split Ends: The hair strands can easily absorb the coconut oil, preventing hair from breaking and splitting ends. When you use coconut oil regularly, you may need fewer trims, and it will make your hair grow longer and faster.
- Protected Hair From Heat Damage: Using a small amount of coconut oil on wet hair before drying or using any hair styling product may protect your hair from water and heat damage.
Eggs are not only a superfood for the human body but human hair too. Eggs are rich in nutrients such as vitamin E, biotin, vitamin A, and folate, which is said to keep your hair thick and healthy. For being loaded with healthy fats, eggs help replenish moisture and make your hair strands look shiny and sleek.
How To Use Egg On Your Hair
You can take two eggs, and mix them with two tablespoons of lemon juice, 10 drops of rosehip oil, and 10 drops of lavender oil to make a moisture mask to apply to your hair. Let the mask sit for 20 minutes on your hair, and then shampoo and condition your hair.
You can also use egg as a growth serum by mixing one egg white with one tablespoon of coconut oil and one tablespoon of aloe Vera gel. Use your fingertips to gently massage the serum into your hair roots for 10 minutes and then wash your hair, following up with a quality conditioner.
One egg mixed with one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of olive oil can seal the split ends in your hair. Apply the mixture at the ends of your hair and then cover the entire hair with a shower cap to allow the mixture to sit for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, you can wash your hair using mild shampoo and conditioner.
The Benefits Of Eggs For Your Hair
- Your Hair Grows Faster: Applying egg yolk topically on your hair scalp can infuse the root of your hair with all the required vitamins for hair growth. The nutrients in eggs have significant benefits that boost your hair growth rate while promoting new hair growth. You can add eggs to your daily diet to give your body those nutrients, applying egg hair mask frizziness and preventing hair loss.
- You Experience Less Hair Fall: The nutrients in eggs prevent hair fall, most stimulating and nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots.
- Taming Frizzy Hair And Improving Elasticity: Eggs are a rich source of protein that helps tame damaged and frizzy hair by making it smoother. Eggs are also rich in folic acid, which controls frizz.
Fenugreek or methi seeds are frequently associated with hair growth. This phenomenal home remedy is magical for thinning hair and other hair-related conditions such as dry and itchy scalp and dandruff. Most beauty publications and popular media sources claim that methi seeds are the secret to growing shiny hair.
In Ayurveda and Chinese medicine, fenugreek seeds are considered one of the best herbal supplements for being a rich source of iron and protein. Fenugreek seeds also have flavonoids, saponins, and other unique compositions presumed to induce hair growth.
How To Use Methi For Hair?
Much evidence supports the use of fenugreek seeds for hair growth. But it is unclear whether taking the seats orally as a dietary supplement or applying them topically on your hair he’s better.
However, since fenugreek seed supplements are beneficial in many ways and available in powder and liquid form, oral dosage recommendation is also there. A person can use up to 1200 mg of fenugreek powder every day since FDA approves it.
If you plan to apply fenugreek seeds topically, soak a few tablespoons of the seeds in water for a few hours to create a jelling effect. Next, you can grind the seeds, form a thin paste, and apply it directly to your hair and scalp. You can also mix the fenugreek paste with coconut oil, honey, milk, or yogurt to convert it into a hair mask for the treatment. Leave the mask on your hair for 10 minutes, rinse it with warm water, and clean it with a gentle shampoo.
The Benefits Of Fenugreek Seeds For Your Hair
- Supports Healthy Scalp: Fenugreek seeds are known for treating many scalp conditions that lead to dry, flaky, and irritated scalp and temporary hair loss. Using fenugreek seed topically can reduce skin redness and irritation, improving moisture in your hair.
- Hair Growth: Methi is known for promoting hair growth. You can boil fenugreek seeds with coconut oil and then apply the oil to your scalp once cold. You will be amazed to see how incredible the concoction boosts your hair growth.
Other Home Remedies For Making Your Hair Thick
- Olive Oil
- Gooseberry Yogurt
- Chinese Hibiscus
- Green Tea
- Geranium Oil
- Rosemary Oil
Some Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Hair Thickness
How To Get Thick Hair?
Getting thick hair is not as difficult as it sounds. There are many easy home remedies one can follow for making hair thick. Alongside all the hair-thickening treatments, you can also use a volumizing shampoo, eat a hair-thickening diet, exfoliate your scalp occasionally, stay away from hot tools, wash hair every alternative day, use a cool air dryer and say yes to Ayurvedic massages.
Is It Reasonable To Have Thick Hair?
All desire lustrous hairs. But surprisingly, not necessarily thick hair is the strongest. Sometimes thicker hair strands are more likely to be defective and prone to breakage. Scientists believe that thin hair is more robust than thicker locks. However, if you are suffering from hair fall and hair thinning, some home remedies can help you make your hair better and get the required volume.
Can Thin Hair Become Thick?
It is not possible to change the size of the hair follicles. If you are born with fine hair, it is genetics, and nothing can completely alter that. However, many home remedies can help you maintain your hair health, keep it from getting thinner, and add volume. Some of the best home remedies for thickening your hair include massaging your hair with coconut oil, applying a fenugreek seed mask, trying eggs serum, etc.
How Can Women Get Thicker Hair?
Many market-grade products are available that promise to make the hair appear fuller and thicker. But not all those products are dermatologically tested and may lead to severe repercussions such as excessive hair loss. It is always better to try home remedies for making your hair thick since home remedies have fewer or no side effects. If you suffer from severe hair fall, undetected underlying conditions might require doctors’ attention. In such cases, you need to reach out to a doctor to stimulate hair growth and slow building.
What Vitamins Thicken Hair?
Biotin, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, iron, zinc, etc., are highly beneficial. If you’re looking for thicker, healthier, and shinier hair, you can start taking all those vitamins through your diet or can apply ingredients topically that include those vitamins. However, intaking the right amount of vitamins through foods and supplements is more beneficial than merely applying them topically.
Which Food Is Excellent For Hair Thickness?
Eggs are a great source of biotin and protein; both nutrients are essential for hair growth. Apart from eggs, berries are significant compounds that support hair growth for being loaded with vitamins. Spinach, sweet potatoes, avocados, seeds, nuts, and fatty fish are some must-have ingredients in your daily diet for better hair growth.
Eating foods with high nutritional value, like leafy green vegetables, fatty fish, and eggs, is always suggested to deal with all the deficiencies in nutrients that affect hair health. Studies indicate that eating a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals can promote hair growth, especially if you are experiencing hair loss due to poor nutrition. Preventing hair loss is the best way to start your hair-thickening journey. I hope all the remedies we mentioned above will be beneficial for you in thickening your hair. Furthermore, if you are losing hair for any underlying diseases, it is better to reach out to a doctor and discuss the treatment plan in detail.