Let’s say you want to send out a message to all of your friends. Normally, you’d have to put all of the recipients into one giant group thread to do this. But when people started responding to your message, everyone in the group would get a notification, so your friends would probably be annoyed that you started the group thread in the first place. Here comes the importance of sending messages via WhatsApp Broadcasts. In this article, we are going to discuss “How WhatsApp Broadcasts, WhatsApp Group differs from each other?
WhatsApp Broadcast – All You Need to Know!
WhatsApp’s Broadcast feature lets you send messages out to multiple people without having to create a group chat in the first place. It’s somewhat similar to using your email’s BCC, and it’s available for both Android and iOS, so everyone can try it. We’ve outlined the process below, so if you want to know more about this nifty feature, just keep on reading.
How to Use WhatsApp Broadcast Feature
To get started, open WhatsApp and tap on the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner of the main screen. From there, select “New broadcast” if you’re on Android, or choose “Chats” and then “Broadcast Lists” if you’re using an iPhone. Either way, your contact page will display after creating a new broadcast.
Inside the contact list, select which people you want to include in your broadcast by simply tapping on their names to add them. Once you’re satisfied with your selection, either tap on the green checkmark button (Android), or press “Create list” (iOS). From there, simply type or attach your intended message and send away.
Once you’ve sent your broadcast message, each recipient will see the message as if it were a direct message from you. In other words, the message will come through in your one-on-one thread with each of the recipients. When they respond, it will come through this same individual thread that only you and that person can see, so everyone else you broadcasted to doesn’t have to hear all of the crosstalk.
How to Create and Edit WhatsApp Broadcast List
Creating a WhatsApp Broadcast List
- Start the WhatsApp application on the iPhone.
- Select the “Chats” tab and go to the screen top left corner to find “Broadcast Lists”.
- Choose “New List” to generate a new Broadcast List.
- Add new contacts to the list by selecting the “+” symbol or simply by typing the first few letters of recipients name.
- Finally, tap “Create” and the broadcast list is ready. WhatsApp displays a regular chat screen with names of recipient’s names at the top. Broadcast a message to try out your newly created list.
Click Here to Download Whatsapp DP Images
- Start the WhatsApp messenger on Android device.
- Open the “Chat” interface.
- Select the options button (top right corner of the screen) and select “New Broadcast” list from the menu.
- Add contacts to the list. Only contacts possessing your phone number in their address book will receive that message.
- Maximum 256 different contacts can be included in a single broadcast list.
- Select the “Create” button.
Click Here to Download GBWhatsapp
Editing a WhatsApp Broadcast List
- Whatsapp broadcast list
- To edit an existing Broadcast List, tap the blue “I” symbol next to it.
- Then you may add a name to your list or remove recipients.
- Select the “Edit List” button to edit the membership status of contacts on your list.
Read Also: Best WhatsApp Group Names
- Start the WhatsApp messenger on Android device.
- The “Chat” interface opens.
- Select the broadcast list. The message window opens.
- Select the “Broadcast List Info” from the drop-down menu. The Main page of the broadcast list open.
- Choose the “Edit” icon to edit the list.
Read Also: 1500+ WhatsApp Groups Links
WhatsApp Group – All You Need to Know!
WhatsApp has a group chat feature which allows you to either send the same message to multiple contacts without typing it again and again and have a conversation with a group of friends. Tap the WhatsApp icon on your phone.
How to Group Chat with WhatsApp
WhatsApp has a group chat feature which allows you to either send the same message to multiple contacts without typing it again and again and have a conversation with a group of friends.
If you are new to WhatsApp and wondering how to use this feature, this step-by-step guide to group chat with WhatsApp is for you.
- Tap the WhatsApp icon on your phone. Then, on the WhatsApp main page, tap the menu button of your phone to access the menu.
- The menu box will appear at the bottom of your screen. Tap “New Group” to create your group
- After that, type the name you want for your group and tap “Next” to confirm.
- On the next page, add people to the group by either typing their name on the box or tapping the plus sign to access your contact list, which is much easier. On your contact list, tick the box beside the name of each contact you want to include in the group. Then, tap “Done” to confirm.
- Double-check the names if you have forgotten to include someone; then, tap “Create.” To start chatting, just tap your group icon.
- For easier access, you can create a shortcut for your group on your home screen. To do this, tap the group icon and hold it until a pop-up window appears. Then, tap “Add Conversation Shortcut.” You can also find more options on that pop-up window, like leaving the group if you want and others.
Read Also: 100+ Funny WhatsApp Group Links
How to Mention Someone in a Group Chat
The Mentions feature allows you to specifically refer to someone who you’re in a group chat with. When you mention someone, a notification will be sent to that person indicating they were referred to.
To mention someone in a group simply type the “at” symbol “@” and select the person’s name from the pop-up list.
Note: Mentioning someone in a group chat will override any mute setting they have set for that group, except if they have muted you in your individual chat.
Difference between WhatsApp Group and WhatsApp Broadcast Feature
The main difference between a WhatsApp broadcast and a WhatsApp group chat is that in the broadcast, the recipients do not know other individual recipients names. While in a WhatsApp group chat, each recipient knows the various recipients. The below given are few of the difference between Group and Broadcast Feature!
Click Here to Download 100+ Good Morning Images for WhatsApp
The two differt in the following aspects.
- Who can send messages: Only you can broadcast to your list whereas anyone can send messages to your group.
- Admin: Only you can add and remove people from your list. You can designate a group admin who can add or remove recipients to/from the group
- Chat history: Messages broadcast by you get added to the individual chat history on your phone. Group messages do not get added to the chat history.
- Blocked contacts: A broadcast message to someone who has blocked you does not get delivered but you can send group messages to any contact in the group even if they have blocked you. The same applies to group reply from someone you have blocked – you can still receive their messages sent to the group.
- Do They Have To Add You? With a group, you only need to have added your students to your address book. They don’t have to add you to theirs as well in order for them to get your group messages. With broadcast, only recipients who have added your number to their phone’s address book will receive any messages you broadcast. Whatsapp won’t tell you when you added them that they have not added you, but you can look in the ‘delivered’ list to see if there are any students who are consistently not getting your messages.
- Replies: With a group, a reply goes to everyone in the group. With broadcast, it only goes to you. While there are times when group discussion is needed, messages can get lost in the mass of discussion. So if you want to send important notices or reminders, broadcast is usually best since the students can’t reply and push the original notices/messages up.
- Can They Leave? With a group, students can leave the group and you will receive a notification message that this has happened. There is no way to leave a broadcast list but they can remove you from their address book which will then prevent any messages from you reaching them. The only way you will know of this is that some of the messages are not being delivered. However, since the read/delivery window only shows you ‘read’ and ‘delivered’ groups, it can be difficult to see that one or two students are not receiving messages.
- Read Status: With both, you can see which student have read your messages. However, with the group, you cannot tell if messages sent by others to the group have been read.
When To Use A Broadcast List? What Are Its Advantages?
WhatsApp Broadcast lists are good for notification and when replies do not need to go back to the group. So if you need to do a survey and would like the response to be private then ask the question via a broadcast list. Another advantage of a broadcast list, as mentioned previously, is that other members of the group cannot bombard the list with more messages that will push yours up (although you yourself can). You also get all messages you ever broadcasted on the individual chat history as well. The drawback of the list is that students can just remove you from their address book and then your broadcast messages will not be delivered. It is also not straightforward to check if this has happened – especially when you have a big class.
Remarkable Marketing Tool:
WhatsApp can be the most useful promoting tool for your business as it can help you to publicize your brand, services, and products, communicate with your purchasers, report new offers and ensure deals. This also allows small and medium companies to enhance client experience and upgrade their customer base extensively. To make this strategy successful, you need two crucial things, a right business plan and contact numbers of your targeted customers. Other than this, this app allows you to send bulk messages, videos, and audio in a single go.
Improve Customer Service:
WhatsApp allows you to improve customer service by connecting you to a wide number of clients and customers. By incorporating this tool into your marketing strategy, you can undoubtedly increase your customer base who are using WhatsApp on their mobiles. This is an easy communication tool that is very helpful for businesses.
Improve Employee Communication:
WhatsApp is highly used in many corporate sectors for communicating with the employees. From motivation message to the discussion on some project, this tool makes everything easy and simple.
Today for all intents and purposes a wide range of companies need to enhance their communication with existing clients or potential future clients. The greater part of these organizations is attempting to capture the attention of customers on the grounds that there is plenty of data and competition today. Also, more mobiles and tablets are being used, so organizations need to set up a technique for mobile communication with their clients.
Why Use WhatsApp As The Marketing Tool
With WhatsApp, reaching out to your targeted customers has become quicker than ever. It allows you to broadcast messages to your targeted audience within a few minutes. Whether you are introducing a new product or service, with this app you can be publicized your business quickly among potential buyers. Last but not the least, this free marketing tool is very convenient and allows you to enhance the features of mobile CRM by collaborating with team members, closely tracking opportunities and exchanging crucial information like customer needs, pricing and other insights.
If you are creative and know how to take advantage of this tool, then this can be a powerful marketing tool for your business. Moreover, it can promote your services, products, promote deals, close sales and interact with your customers, increasing the visibility of your brand across a wider audience.